Libby's Pumpkin Bread
Serves: 2 loaves
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. cloves
- 1½ cup each granulated sugar and packed brown sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Mix dry ingredients with the oil and pumpkin, stirring until well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, blending thoroughly.
- Bake in well greased loaf pans for 50 to 60 minutes in 350 degree oven.
Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the ‘Titanic’ who waved off the dessert cart. —