Many years ago, my aunt, who lived in Sweden at a time, found this recipe for a bundt cake. She added hazelnuts and it turned out great. We liked this cake so much that it has become a Christmas and Easter staple.
- 7 Tbsp (100 g) butter or margarine
- 1 cup (60 g) hazelnuts, roasted and ground
- 1½ cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- Melt butter and let cool to room temperature.
- Combine hazelnuts, flour and baking powder.
- Mix eggs and sugar, add vanilla extract, melted butter and sour cream.
- Whisk in flour mixture (do not overmix).
- Pour into greased and floured bundt pan (3 lb).
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie. —