1/2 cup melted butter
2 well-beaten eggs
1 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup sugar
1 tbls. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup milk
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Grease and flour a small loaf pan.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and lemon juiced, beating thoroughly.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Gradually add to butter mixture. Add milk. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Combine glaze ingredients, stirring until sugar dissolves. Drizzle over cooled cake.
We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie. —