Sour Cream Pound Cake is a popular variation of an old fashioned pound cake in the cuisine of the Southern United State. Some of the butter is substituted with sour cream , which produces a more moist cake with a nice tangy flavor.
Recently, some chocolate chips, blueberries, nuts or nutella are added to the cake batter.
You can bake this cake in a bundt, tube or a loaf pan. Serve it dusted lightly with powdered sugar or glazed with lemon, orange or rum glaze.
Sour Cream Pound Cake is perfect for breakfast or for an after dinner snack. This dense, yet moist, cake will make you happy with every bite.
- ½ cup (125 g) butter
- 1½ cups (300 g) sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups (200 g) flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325 F (165 C).
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and vanilla until well mixed.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Mix in, alternately with sour cream, flour and baking powder.
- Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan (8 inch diameter, 4.25 cups volume or 20 cm diameter, 1 liter volume). Bake for 1 hour or until straw comes out clean.
Ice-cream is exquisite. What a pity it isn’t illegal. —