In this Pumpkin Eclair Cake, combination of pureed pumpkin and spices with easy, no bake eclair cake recipe is a winner.
It is really quick and simple to make an eclair cake: layers of graham crackers alternating with pudding/whipped cream mixture, topped with a luxurious, yet simple-to-make, chocolate ganache frosting. No need to turn on the oven and ready in minutes.
Fantastic and super easy recipe for a seasonal cake, great for fall and winter holidays and parties.
P.S. I made this cake with homemade graham crackers. I will post the recipe next time.
UPDATE: See recipe for Homemade Graham Crackers.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups prepared vanilla pudding
- ½ cup (100 g) brown sugar, loosely packed
- ¾ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups whipped cream
- graham crackers
- GANACHE FROSTING:
- 5 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped fine
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree with prepared pudding, brown sugar and spice. Gently fold in whipped cream.
- Place a layer of graham crackers in the bottom of a 9×9 pan. Spoon half of the pumpkin mixture over graham crackers.
- Place another layer of crackers and put remaining filling. Finish with layer of crackers.
- GANACHE FROSTING: Melt chocolate and cream in a bowl set over saucepan filled with 1 inch of simmering water. Stir occasionally until smooth. Pour onto center of cake and spread evenly with spoon or spatula.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours (or over night) before serving.
My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished 2 bags of M&M’s and a chocolate cake. I feel better already. —