Since lot of you didn’t like my old recipe for pancakes without eggs, here is a new one which I hope you will like.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- a pinch of salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs butter (or vegan margarine), melted
- 1 Tbs rum (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add milk, oil, rum (alcohol prevents the dough from soaking too much fat), melted butter and vanilla. Whisk together until just combined. Do not over mix. Set aside for a few minutes to rest.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly grease with oil. Pour ¼ cup of batter into the skillet for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until golden brown on the other side.
300 g (10 oz) flour
1 tsp baking powder
few drops lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1 teaspoon sugar
a pinch of salt
Mix all ingredients.
Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium high heat. Pour approximately 3 Tbsp batter into the pan. Cook each side until the golden brown.
Related recipes: Eggless Pancakes
The only time to eat diet food is while you’re waiting for the steak to cook. —