Chicken Marsala is a quick Italian dish made from chicken, mushrooms, and Marsala wine. It is easy enough for a weeknight dinner, and tasty enough to cook for special occasions.
- 3/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves – pounded 1/4 inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 dried thyme
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup red wine (optional just for color)
- 2 Tbsp cooking cream optional
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
In a plate, combine flour, paprika, oregano and thyme. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper and coat them in flour mixture.
Heat oil in a large skillet. Add butter and cook the chicken breasts until golden, about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add mushrooms and cook until tender. Add wine and simmer for about 4 minutes.
Stir in mustard and cream. Return the chicken to tje skillet. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly.
Stir in chopped parsley and serve over cooked pasta.