Chicken Marsala is a quick Italian dish made from chicken, mushrooms, and Marsala wine. It is easy enough for a weeknight dinner, and tasty enough to cook for special occasions.
- ¾ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves – pounded ¼ inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ½ dried thyme
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- ½ cup dry Marsala wine
- ¼ cup red wine (optional, just for color)
- 2 Tbsp cooking cream (optional)
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a plate, combine flour, paprika, oregano and thyme. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper and coat them in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add butter and cook the chicken breasts until golden, about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add mushrooms and cook until tender. Add wine and simmer for about 4 minutes.
- Stir in mustard and cream. Return the chicken to tje skillet. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly.
- Stir in chopped parsley and serve over cooked pasta.
Save the planet. Its the only one with CHOCOLATE.