When you need to make something that’s comforting and quick, Kielbasa Skillet Dinner recipe is the right thing. The smokey sausage, ripe tomatoes and tender potatoes create the perfect bite. You can add any spices or heat you like. Very easy, and done all in one pot or skillet so that cleaning is minimal. Kielbasa Skillet Dinner is an excellent choice for cold fall and winter nights.
- 1 lb kielbasa or any other sausage
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- 1 lb potatoes chopped into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium tomatoes cubed
- 2 Tbsp white wine optional
- herbs of choice: thyme oregano, parsley
- salt ground black pepper, to taste
Heat oil in a skillet, add sausage and cook until browned on all sides. Remove sausages from skillet and set aside.
Add onion, potatoes, salt and pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are soft.
Slice sausage into 1/2 inch pieces. Return to pan together with garlic, tomatoes, wine and herbs. Cook until tomatoes are cooked, about 5 minutes.