1 fresh leg of pork
10 garlic cloves, minced
5 bay leaves, chopped
1 tbs rosemary
3 pounds of salt
- Wash and dry leg of pork with paper towels.
- Mix garlic, 1/2 cup salt, pepper, bay leaves and rosemary. Spread a thick layer of the mixture over pork leg on all exposed surfaces. Refrigerate (35-42 F; 2-6 C ) the salted ham on non-porous surfaces for 7 days.
- Rubb off remaining salt and apply a new coating of salt. Let it rest for another7 days. Turn it occasionally.
- Lay pork on a counter in a pan, cover and press with a very heavy weight (200 kg per m2; 450 lb per m2).
- On a 21st day put pork into a pan, cover with water, and let stand for 24 hours. Drain, season with pepper and bay leaf. Hang it up to dry in a dry place that’s impervious to flies for 5 months.
- After that pork is transfered to a place for next 12 months of aging.
Save the planet. Its the only one with CHOCOLATE.