Take just one look at this mouthwatering Amish Macaroni Salad and you will be able to tell how delicious the first bite is going to be. Prepared the old-fashioned Amish way, this recipe for old standby macaroni salad has all of the great flavors you’ve come to expect from Amish country cooking. Using ingredients like celery, pepper, onion, carrot and more to enhance the flavor of this dish, you get tons of amazing taste in each and every bite of this pasta salad. Serve it together with any main dish and you will have a complete meal worthy of any table in Amish country!
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 cups creamy salad dressing
- 2¼ teaspoons white vinegar
- white sugar to taste (1/3 – ¾ cup)
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon celery seed
- Cook macaroni in a pot of lightly salted water until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Rinse under cold water, drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, stir together macaroni, onion, celery, eggs, red pepper, carrot and relish.
- In a small bowl, stir together the salad dressing, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and celery seed. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir until well blended. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food. —