200 g (7 oz) butter
2 tbs honey
180 g (6 oz) sugar
3.5 tbs single cream
50 g (1.7 oz) candied orange rind
50 g (1.7 oz) candied lemon rind
120 g (4 oz) almonds, chopped
100 g (3.5 oz) flour
200 g (7 oz) chocolate
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Stir in honey, sugar and cream. Add lemon and orange rind and let cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 200 C (392 F).
- Drop by level teaspoonsful about 3 inches apart, into foil lined cookie sheets. Spread thin. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Melt chocolate, then spread on flat side of cookie. Let dry.