Napoli Pasta Sauce
- 1 kg (2 lb) ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 40 g (1.4 oz) butter
- 50 g (1.7 oz) black olives
- a pinch of dry oregano or thyme
- olive oil
- salt, pepper
- 2 chillies (optional)
- 1 anchovie filet, chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbs capers (optional)
- Saute onion in butter until softened.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, oregano together with other ingredients. Cook over low heat, uncovered, until sauce is thick. Season with salt, pepper.
Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the ‘Titanic’ who waved off the dessert cart.