Napoli Pasta Sauce
- 1 kg (2 lb) ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 40 g (1.4 oz) butter
- 50 g (1.7 oz) black olives
- a pinch of dry oregano or thyme
- olive oil
- salt, pepper
- 2 chillies (optional)
- 1 anchovie filet, chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbs capers (optional)
- Saute onion in butter until softened.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, oregano together with other ingredients. Cook over low heat, uncovered, until sauce is thick. Season with salt, pepper.
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.