I hope this image can convey how tasty this Amish Macaroni Salad is going to be when you taste it. The recipe uses traditional flavors of old-fashioned Amish cooking like carrot, celery, pepper and onion. Combined with elbow macaroni and creamy dressing, it creates an Amish country fantasy dish!
Another similar recipe that I recommend:
Amish Macaroni Salad recipe:
Amish Macaroni Salad - serve it alongside any main dish and you have a complete meal
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 cups creamy salad dressing
- 2 1/4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/3 – 3/4 cup white sugar to taste
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
Cook macaroni in a pot of lightly salted water until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Rinse under cold water, drain and cool.
In a large bowl, stir together macaroni, onion, celery, eggs, red pepper, carrot and relish.
In a small bowl, stir together the salad dressing, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and celery seed. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir until well blended. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.