4 Tbs sugar
1 1/2 Tbs active dry yeast
2 cups warm water
2 tsp salt
2 Tbs oil
6 cups bread flour
- Dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water.
- Mix salt and oil into the yeast.
- Gradually add flour to form a soft dough.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Place in a greased bowl and cover and let rise until doubled in bulk, for about 1 hour.
- Punch down and divide into 2 portions and form loaves. Place into two well oiled 9×5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.Makes 2 loaves.