100 g (3.5 oz) butter
1 dl (4 fl oz; 1/2 cup) water
100 g (3.5 oz) flour
4 egg yolks
4 Tbsp sugar
4 Tbsp flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 l (1 pint) milk
4 egg whites
- PASTRY: Put butter and water in small saucepan; stir over high heat until melted. Add flour all at once and beat vigorously for 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time and blend until smooth. Beat fast until smooth and fluffy.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place in preheated oven and bake at 350 F (175 C) for 20-30 minutes. Do not open oven door while it is baking.
- Let cool. Cut off tops. Fill with custard filling; replace tops. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
- CUSTARD FILLING: Mix egg yolks, sugar, flour and a few tablespoons cold milk.
- Boil remaining milk.
- Add egg mixture to milk and continue to cook until thick, stirring frequently.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into the custard.
- Refrigerate until thick.
do you have to bake the pastry in oven? what temp? how long? an incomplete recipe
You are right! I forgot to say that you have to bake pastry for 20-30 minutes in 350 F (175 C) oven. Do not open oven door while it is baking.
step one says to add eggs for the pastry. how many?
seems like you only give the number of eggs for the filling. :/
4 eggs for the pastry, 4 eggs for the filling