8 Tbsp sugar
1 l (1 qt) milk
grated zest of 1 lemon
2 Tbsp rum or maraschino
2 Tbsp sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- CARAMEL: Spread 2 Tbsp sugar evenly over the bottom of flan mold. Heat the dish until sugar is melted to a golden-brown syrup. Let cool until hardened.
- CUSTARD: Beat eggs with sugar until foamy. Add lemon zest, rum and milk. Pour mixture into the prepared flan mold.
- Place mold in a baking pan. Pour enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of the mold, cover with aluminum foil. Place in the oven and bake until set, about 1 hour.
- To serve, invert a flan mold of Rozata onto the center of a large plate and remove the mold. Serve with whipped cream.