Recipe for eggless Espresso Rose Spritz Cookies was first published on a German site Chefkoch.de.
In many reviews to the recipe, visitors were saying how light and fluffy the cookies are, how easy it is to press the dough with a piping bag and how well they keep the form while baking. I agree with all of the above.
A note to my US visitors: you should probably add more sugar, since European cookies are usually not too sweet.
I was very happy with the Espresso Rose Spritz Cookies and hope that you will be, too.
- 200 g unsalted butter soft, 16 Tbsp
- 80 g powdered sugar 2/3 cup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 g all-purpose flour 1 cup + 2 1/2 Tbsp
- 70 g starch 1/2 cup, tapioca or corn starch
- 20 g cocoa powder 1/4 cup
- 50 ml coffee strong (espresso), 4 Tbsp
Mix butter with powdered sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
Add flour, cocoa powder and starch and mix well.
Add espresso and mix again.
Put batter into a piping bag and press roses on a baking sheet. If the dough is too stiff to press, add 1-2 Tbsp coffee. If it is too soft, add more cornstarch.
Bake at 180 C (355 F) for 12-15 minutes.