Oat Smoothie is my favorite winter breakfast. I drink it almost every morning from autumn to late spring. I’m generally not in a mood for cooking any breakfast, so I’m always looking for something that I can just blend and drink.
While in summer there is abundance of fresh fruit for smoothies, during the winter it is mostly bananas, apples and oranges that I can find in a small near-by shop. Of course, frozen fruit is also an option.
Banana, rolled oats, chia (or flax) seeds, milk, yogurt and a bit of stevia are flavored with coffee, with or without caffeine. Banana and milk give sweetness to the smoothie while yogurt keeps it in balance so that it doesn’t get too sweet. Oats and chia/flax seeds provide for nutrients, fiber and healthy fats, while coffee wakes you up and gives you a burst of energy.
Try Banana Oat Breakfast Smoothie whether you need something to just grab-and-go or slowly enjoy it in warmth of your home.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 frozen* banana
- 1 teaspoon coffee granules
- 1 1/2 cup milk dairy or non-dairy
- 1 Tablespoon yogurt dairy or non-dairy
- 1/2 - 1 Tablespoon chia seeds optional
- sugar or other sweetener to taste
Put all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
* Frozen banana will make the smoothie thick and you don't need to use any ice so the smoothie will not get watered-down.