1 cup (8 oz) butter at room temp
2/3 cup (4 oz) fruit sugar
1 cup (4 oz) cornstarch
1 3/4 cup (8 oz) all purpose flour
pinch of salt
- Mix together the flour, cornstarch and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the butter and sugar together until it is pale and creamy.
- Add the flour and salt mixture a small amount at a time, kneading into creamed mixture with your hands.
- Turn dough onto floured surface and pat or roll out to 1/4″ thickness. Cut into rounds with a cutter. Prick with fork. Bake at 165 C (330 F) until pale brown and crisp.
- Shake a small amount of caster/granulated sugar on the top of the shortbread immediately after they have been removed from the oven.