400 g (0.9 lb or 2 cups minus 2 Tbsp) rice
25 g (0.9 oz or 1 3/4 Tbsp) butter
8 dl (3 1/4 cups) chicken broth
4 tbs grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, in cubes
1/2 cup diced ham
dried bread crumbs
- Melt butter in a pot. Add rice and sauté for a couple of minutes. Reduce heat to low and add enough stock to just cover the rice. Keep adding warm stock as needed to maintain covering. Continue this process for about 20 to 30 minutes, until rice is tender. Add grated parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Let cool.
- Combine mozzarella cheese and ham cubes.
- Stir 1 egg into the rice until well blended. With moist, but not wet hands, form a 1 to 1 1/2 inches ball of the rice mixture in the palm of one hand, and, using the other thumb, make a depression as deep as the first joint of your thumb. Into this depression, place some of the mozzarella cheese/ham mixture. Pull the rice surrounding the hole over the filling to cover and seal the filling.
- In pie plate, beat egg. Pour bread crumbs into a shallow dish. Dip each ball quickly in beaten egg and then roll in breadcrumbs to coat.
- Deep fry the rice balls a few at a time until golden brown. Drain on paper towels, and serve hot.
on the recipe for rice balls, what is the amount of butter and rice, not in grams
0.9 lb (or 2 cups minus 2 Tbsp) rice, 0.9 oz (1 3/4 Tbsp) butter
I needed the regular measurements ,not in grams for the rice balls
cancel that last email I sent on measurements , I saw it
Thanks so much