450 g (1 lb) orange honey
500 g (1 lb 2 oz) almonds, lightly toasted
250 g (0.5 lb) sugar
80 g (3 oz) powdered sugar
3 egg whites
20 g (1 Tbsp) pistachios, chopped
200 g (7 oz) dark chocolate
- Whip the egg whites till stiffened.
- Place the honey in top of double boiler over boiling water for 30 minutes. Stir the honey frequently. Add whipped egg whites.
- After 10 minutes add sugar. Cook for 15 more minutes.
- Turn off heat. Stir in almonds and pistachios.
- Pour mixture two inches deep into loaf pans lined with parchment paper. Let cool.
- Remove from pans and cut into 1-inch squares.
- Melt dipping chocolate in top of double boiler. Dip each square into melted chocolate, place on cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil.