It is hard to give exact measurements for this Butternut Squash Pizza. It was created more in a moment of inspiration and from the ingredients I had at hand. I used my homemade Crazy Dough for pizza crust and roasted butternut squash, Swiss chard and mozzarella cheese for topping. I believe spinach would be even better then Swiss chard. In the end I got quick, healthy and cheesy Butternut Squash Pizza, full of vegetables and low in fat. For Vegan Crazy Dough click here.
See exact procedure for making Crazy Dough:
- 1 ball of Crazy Dough (about 6 oz or 170 g), or other type of pizza dough
- 2 cups butternut squash cubes roasted or cooked
- 1 handful of leafy greens like spinach or Swiss chard
- 3 oz (90 g) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- olive oil
- salt black pepper, red pepper flakes, to taste
On a floured surface, roll Crazy Dough into a circle pizza shape. Brush the top of the dough with olive oil. Sprinkle with half of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Place roughly chopped spinach on the dough. Arrange half squash cubes over the spinach and sprinkle the other half of the cheese on top.
Drizzle everything with some olive oil. Season with salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes.
Bake in 500 F (250 C) preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes or until the crust is cooked through and cheese has melted.