Russian Salad, also know as Olivier salad, is a traditional salad dish from Russia. It is made with vegetables, diced potatoes, ham and eggs and is dressed with mayonnaise.
Russian Salad Recipe - vegetables, diced potatoes, ham and eggs, dressed with mayonnaise
- 4 medium potatoes, cooked and diced
- 3 carrots, boiled and diced
- 2 parsley roots, boiled and diced
- 1 celery root, boiled and diced
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) boiled peas
- 1 pickled bell pepper, diced
- 300 g (10 oz) cooked ham, diced
- 1 sour apple, finely diced
- 300 g mayonnaise 10 oz
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 1/2 dl (1.7 fl oz ; 3.5 tbs) sour cream
Toss the potatoes, carrots, parsley root, celery root, peas, bell pepper and apple together in a bowl.
Mix in mayonnaise, mustard and sour cream. Season with salt. Let stand for 2 hours in refrigerator before serving.
Related recipes: Russian Salad II