This recipe for Spinach Artichoke Dip is lower in fat than regular recipes because it uses cottage cheese instead of cream cheese, light mayonnaise and low-fat mozzarella cheese. Still, it remains equally delicious, creamy and cheesy.
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 14 ounce (400 g) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 8 ounce (220 g) package cottage cheese (or Neufchatel cheese), softened
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese shredded
In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir in spinach and artichoke hearts.
Put mixture into lightly greased small baking dish and top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake in 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until bubbly.