Sweet Potato Soup with Tortilla Chips – full of super healthy sweet potato which makes it creamy. There is no comfort food like Mexican food!
Tortilla soup is always good. This one is full of super healthy sweet potato which gives it smooth texture and makes it creamy. You can fry tortillas yourself or simplify preparation of your meal by using store-bought tortilla chips. Adjust it to your taste: add some cayenne pepper to make it spicy or make it vegan by using non-dairy cream and omitting grated cheese.
Sweet Potato Soup with Tortilla Chips will warm you up in upcoming winter days. There is no comfort food like Mexican food!
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste or 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 very large sweet potato cooked or baked
- 2 cups broth vegetable or chicken
- 1/8 cup cream dairy or non dairy
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1-2 tsp lime juice
- salt pepper
- 1-2 cups tortilla chips roughly crushed
- GARNISH: grated cheese* avocado red hot pepper flakes, cilantro
Saute onion in olive oil until soft. Add tomato paste and smoked paprika and cook for about 1 minute.
Add sweet potato, broth and cream and puree until smooth. Add spices and lime juice to your taste.
Serve with crushed tortilla chips, grated cheese and diced avocado. If desired, sprinkle with some red pepper flakes and cilantro.
*omit if you're vegan