It is always a good time for coleslaw. One can never get enough of that crunchy cabbage texture and creamy dressing flavor, whether it is the peak of summer or the dead of winter.
This deli salad isn’t spicy, but it does have quite the flavor. The slaw itself consists of only cabbage, carrot and onion, but the dressing gives it the necessary flavor for a satisfactory side dish.
Make this Creamy Coleslaw ahead of time and bring to a party or event. Your guests will love it.
Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- promotes weight loss
- boosts energy
- helps kill pathogens like bacteria and fungi – preserves food
- lowers cholesterol
- lowers blood sugar
- clears acne
- treats dandruff
- whitens teeths
- 4 cups cabbage (white red or combination of both), finely shredded
- 1/2 cup carrot shredded
- 1/4 cup purple onion shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- a pinch of ground cumin optional
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Combine shredded cabbage and carrot in a bowl. Season with salt and let stand for about 20 minutes. Squeeze out the liquid.
In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, vinegar or lemon juice and ground cumin.
Add creamy coleslaw dressing to cabbage mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until serving time, at least 1 hour.