Garlic Knots are classic Italian snack. In this recipe they are made in a mini, bite size, great for every party as well as an everyday snack. The dough is made without yeast, so it is ready in minutes: no kneading, no proofing, no waiting. Just mix all ingredients, shape and bake. You don’t even need to chill the dough for 30 minutes if you are in a hurry, even though chilling does make the dough easier to roll. Whole process is so easy and quick, and final result so addictive!
Seriously, I couldn’t wait to finish shooting pictures and start eating. If you like, you can sprinkle the knots with some Parmesan cheese before baking. To me, they are perfect just the way they are. I think I’m developing a new garlic addiction. Soooo goood!
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup firm yogurt or sour cream
- ½ cup cold butter
- 2 tsp baking powder
- salt, to taste
- copped garlic, parsley and melted butter, to taste
- 1 egg, beaten, for brushing
- Process all ingredients in a food processor until blended. Shape into a ball, wrap with plastic and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Dust your counter or table with flour and roll out the dough to a very thin rectangle. Spread with mixture of butter, minced garlic and chopped parsley; sprinkle some salt an pepper over it. Cut the dough into 3 x ½ inch strips. Tie each strip into a knot.
- Place knots on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush tops with beaten egg. Bake for 15-20 minutes in 300F oven.