Veal Medallions in Creamy Mushroom Sauce - tender meat in creamy mushroom sauce.
- 9 veal medallions
- salt. ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour, divided
- 2-3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 onion, chopped
- 7 oz (200 g) button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup vegetable or beef broth
- 1-2 Tbsp prepared mustard
- 1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup (150 ml) sour cream or cooking cream
- 1 cup (250 ml) white vine
Pound each piece of veal into 1/4-inch-thick medallions. Season medallions with salt and pepper and dredge in flour, shaking off the excess, and brown on each side in butter for about 2 minutes. Remove from pan.
In the same pan, saute onion until it is translucent. Add mushrooms and saute about 5 minutes.
Add veal medallions, broth, mustard, garlic and bay leaf. Cook until meat is tender.
In a small bowl, combine cream, white vine, flour and parsley. Add to the pan and cook for few more minutes. Serve with gnocchi, potatoes, egg noodles, rice or polenta.