Chocolate and banana – my favorite flavor combination.
Banana Chocolate Mousse
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence (or extract)
- 2 teaspoons powdered gelatin
- about 1 Tbsp cocoa (or to your taste)
- Mix mashed bananas with whipped cream, powdered sugar and vanilla essence.
- Combine gelatin with 1 tablespoon water. Let stand for about 10 minutes. Heat until gelatin dissolves and immediately fold into banana mixture. In two dessert glasses, portion half of the banana mixture.
- Add cocoa to another half of the mixture and spoon on top. Chill the glasses in the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving. Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie. —