Baconnaise, a bacon-flavored mayonnaise, is a great side dish that goes with grilled meat or vegetables, french fries or hard-boiled eggs. No need to say that it is also an excellent sandwich spread. It can be made easily at home with just a few ingredients.
- 1 cup mayonnaise*
- ⅓ cup cooked bacon pieces
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt, black pepper
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, bacon pieces, mustard and lemon juice.
- Season with paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Serve with grilled meat or vegetables or use as a sandwich spread.
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.