Cinnamon rolls are irresistible breakfast food, but sometimes you just don’t have the time or energy to make them from scratch. In those moments Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Cake comes to the rescue. You can have it ready in just 30 minutes.
I like it without glaze, but nevertheless, I included the recipe for the glaze, just in case. This homemade cake is more like dessert than breakfast, so you can’t go wrong with it. You can also serve it as a coffee cake in the afternoon. And no matter how often you make it, you can never get tired of it.
If you love the aroma of cinnamon filling your house while you’re baking, you’ll fall in love with this Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Cake.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups milk
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, melted
- CINNAMON TOPPING
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl and mix together. Pour into 9×13 pan lined with aluminum foil (so that you can take the cake out of the pan easier).
- Mix all the ingredients for the topping together and drop with a spoon evenly over the batter. Swirl with a knife or a skewer.
- Bake at 350 F (175 C) for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Combine all ingreadients for the glaze and drizzle it over the cake.
The only time to eat diet food is while you’re waiting for the steak to cook. —