Gourmet Chicken Feta Cheese Pasta Salad can be an incredibly good lunch or one of the dishes on your picnic table. Served chilled, it is great in summer as a stand alone meal.
It uses some of tastiest ingredients, like grilled chicken breast, feta cheese, avocados, cherry (or regular) tomatoes, pasta and mayo-yogurt dressing.
You can use rotisserie chicken, grilled or even leftover cooked chicken. In my opinion, it is best when you fry or grill chicken yourself. Season raw meat with a pinch of dry thyme, oregano, basil, freshly ground black pepper and salt. Fry it with just a little bit of oil in a pan or grill. Let cool, cut in stripes or cubes and add to your salad.
I’m pretty sure you will like this simple better-than-deli salad.
- 1 cup grilled or rotisserie chicken* 200 g
- 2 1/2 cups cooked bow tie pasta or any other type of pasta
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes cubed (or cherry tomatoes)
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 T Greek yogurt
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice or to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried Mediterranean herbs (basil thyme, oregano, rosemary, sage, dill, chives)
- 1/8 tsp dried garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large serving bowl, combine all ingredients for the dressing.
Add cooked pasta, chicken, feta cheese, avocado and tomatoes. Toss to combine.
If you are making this salad in advance, add avocado and tomatoes just before serving.
*If you are frying chicken yourself, season it with a pinch of dry thyme, oregano, salt and freshly ground black pepper before frying.