Quick and easy, Mini Cinnamon Rolls are made without yeast, so they can be prepared in minutes. Since there is no yeast in the recipe, there is no need for kneading and proofing. Also, you don’t need any special pan or muffin tin to make these sweet little buns. Simple roll the dough into a long string, cut into 1 inch pieces and bake on your regular baking sheet.
To make it easier to understand how to make these homemade cinnamon roll bites, I included several photos of step-by-step process.
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (125 g) cold butter
- 1 cup firm yogurt (like Greek yogurt) or sour cream
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- FOR FILLING:
- melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon, to taste
- Process all ingredients for the dough in your food processor until blended. Shape into a ball, wrap with cling film and chill for 30 minutes. It is not necessary to chill the dough, but it will make it easier to roll later.
- Divide the dough into three parts. Dust your counter or table with flour. Roll out the first part of the dough into a very thin rectangle. Spread with melted butter, sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll up the shorter side of the dough, making it into a long string. Cut the string into 1 inch pieces. Repeat the process of rolling and cutting with remaining dough.
- Place mini cinnamon rolls on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush their tops with beaten egg. Bake for about 15-20 minutes in 300 F (150 C) oven. Cool on baking sheet.
Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the ‘Titanic’ who waved off the dessert cart. —