40 dag (0.9 lb) flour
1 tsp baking powder
10 dag (3.5 oz) sugar
15 dag (5 oz) butter
1-2 Tbsp sour cream or milk (optional)
1,5 kg (3 lb) apples
3 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup raisins
- DOUGH: Combine all ingredients to make a dough. Do not overwork. Cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- FILLING: Peel and grate apples. Mix with sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and raisins.
- ASSEMBLE: Divide the dough in half. Roll out the dough. Press the dough into the bottom of the pie plate and up the sides. Spoon in apple filling. Cover with the top crust.
- Bake at 180 (370 F) for 45 minutes or until the crust is golden.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, cut into squares and serve.
Related recipes: Croatian Cottage Cheese Pie
Ice-cream is exquisite. What a pity it isn’t illegal. —