Hot and “angry” pasta sauce (arrabbiato means angry in Italian) made with tomatoes, garlic and red chili peppers.
- 14 oz (400 g) fresh penne pasta
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1lb 5oz (600g) canned chopped tomato
- 2 medium hot chillies, finely sliced or ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 Tbsp basil, chopped
- salt, to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook penne according to package directions. Drain.
- In the meantime, place olive oil into a moderately hot pan. Add the garlic, stir and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and chili and stir to combine. Let it cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Add the basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta to tomato mixture. Toss to combine. Serve with the grated Parmesan cheese.
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food. —