Bisquick Peach Cobbler brings back great memories. Fantastic as a dessert as well as breakfast, peach cobbler is everybody’s favorite summer dish. In this recipe fresh peaches are flavored with nutmeg, cinnamon and lemon zest and topped with homemade Bisquick batter. You can eat it warm or cold, served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- 3 cups sliced fresh peaches
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup homemade Bisquick mix
- 1 cup milk, any kind
- ½ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 K).
- Combine peaches, ½ cup granulated sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon and lemon zest.
- Mix together bisquick, milk, butter and brown sugar. Add mixture to baking pan. Pour fruit on top of the bisquick mixture, do not stir.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes. Serve warm or cold, with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
I am not a glutton – I am an explorer of food. —