1 cup sourdough starter (see Amish Friendship Starter Recipe)
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 (3 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup peeled, cored and chopped apple
1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease three 9×5 inch loaf pans.
- Place the starter in a bowl, stir in the oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, instant pudding, and cinnamon.
- Add the flour mixture to the starter mixture and beat by hand. Add the pecans, raisins and apples and mix well. Pour batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1 hour.